Monday, February 24, 2014

DECO DESK

 
 
 
Labour day has come and gone and our sunshine did the same.
I was able to get 5 pieces painted in the nice weather over the weekend.
One of the pieces was this cute little deco desk.

 
 
I sprayed it with a 50% - 50% ASCP mix of Old White & Pure White.
and lightly edge distressed it before hand waxing. 

 
I filled the original holes on the six drawers so I could pick what ever size of fancy handles I wanted.
The desk was all finished but the drawers had to dry over night. I was so anxious to pick
the handles I pulled a whole basket from my stash and spread it out on the bed.
Of course when George comes to bed there has to be something said,
"what is going on here" and he emphasises it like Scott from The Canadian Pickers.
Before you know it I have him helping me chose the right handles for the project.
 
The knob on the middle drawer is a new piece, its a fun acrylic bead and rhinestone knob.
I dont think you can tell from the photos but it is quite large and really pretty.

 
The handles were salvaged from the dresser vrs. vehicle grudge match earlier this year.
 
 
For those who didnt get to read that story:
http://blogspot.ca/2013/05/how-to-demolish-dresser-with-vehicle.html
 
 
 
I used this little project to write a tutorial on how to install handles without a tape measure.
That article is currently being written so watch for it soon.
 
 
If you need some shabby chic white hardware stop into the FirstFinds Etsy shop.
We have some fun misfit handle sets to choose from and a large selection of
outlet and light switch plates plus tons more.
https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/Firstfinds
 
 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment