Monday, February 10, 2014

Fall Decor Gold Magnolia Wreath



When it comes to seasonal decorations, I like to keep it pretty simple. This year for fall, I decided to make a wreath and after seeing Britts fall inspiration from Gus & Lula.

I decided to use magnolia leaves because I liked the shape and thought the thickness of the leaf would hold up well. Since I am using real leaves, I dont plan to keep it past the season, but I hope that it holds up for the next few months.


I gathered some leaves ...


cut a 14" foam floral wreath in half so it will sit flush on the door and Ill have one for Christmas, thanks for the idea Pinterest!


I then poked diagonal holes with a meat thermometer ...


filled with a little craft glue and put the leaves in at an angle. I ended up with about three rows of overlapping leaves.


Once the glue dried (about an hour or two) I sprayed it with Krylons gold spray paint



I used a 3M hook to mount it to the door, tied ribbon around the wreath fairly tight so that it wouldnt move as much, and attached it to the hook.



Total cost: foam wreath was about $4 (Michaels with 40% coupon) and gold spray paint was also about $4 (Michaels with 40% coupon), leaves were free!

about $8, plus I have the other half of the wreath to use later!

Total time was about an hour or two ...

Im working on the rest of our porch decor, stop by soon for pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment