Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Coffin SketchUp plans pallets and Halloween

A lot of you have been confused by the angles on Fridays coffin project. I admit that they are a little tricky. If I was making something "critical" I would certainly have stressed over them a lot more. As it turned out, my pallet boards fit together close enough for my slacker tolerances.

However, big thanks to "Wood Chuck" Bruce, who took the time to make a SketchUp file of the coffin, complete with actual angles! These plans are really good. I need to spend some more time learning SketchUp stuff beyond straight lines and square pieces!


  • Download Bruces Coffin SketchUp file.

*****

For those of you who love using pallet wood, heres a fabulous infographic from Amol that illustrates everything you ever wanted to know about pallets. (Click though to see the whole graphic.)

*****

Since Halloween is soon upon us, I thought I would share Neils version of my Skull and Crossbones candy dispenser from last year. He made a stand for his and added a little cup to collect candy.



*****
I really like this pair of pallet wood cabinets from Chris. The dark color and hardware complete them. Something so warm and inviting about tables made from pallets.


*****
And dont forget: as soon as Halloween is done, Christmas gift-making season is upon us. Yup. Heres a simple idea from Brad Costa, who made this jewelry tree for his girlfriend.


*****

Finally, heres a cool project from Lesli that looks simple to make and with the cable supporting it, should be quite sturdy. Plans available on The Woodworking Trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment