Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The toy xylophone

This started out as a simple enough project, but turned very frustrating. I predicted that tuning the keys would be tricky, so I decided right from the beginning that I wouldnt drive myself mad about obtaining perfect pitch. This was intended to be a toy xylophone, after all.

What I didnt foresee was the challenge of attaching the keys to the frame. I spent hours trying many different methods, most of which left the keys producing dull thuds or rattles. In the end, I achieved fairly good results by using felt and velcro. But I am sure there are much better ways to hook them on.

I can tell you with certainty however, that padauk wood sounds great!

*****





Have you gotten your free book and 30 day trial from Audible.com yet? Give it a try and help support WWMM!

No comments:

Post a Comment